Civil Litigation Defense for Health Care and Commercial Clients
Over several decades, I and my firm have been successful at litigating, liability claims for physicians, insurers, nursing home and home health care companies.
This site is meant to offer you my insight on issues facing those we serve and hope to serve. These views are based on my experience as a - civil litigator certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, a Fellow of The Litigation Counsel of America and a Fellow of The New York Academy of Medicine - who has tried dozens of cases to verdict in two states.
- Provide you with access to many articles I've written and other information on a variety of topics focusing on the intersection of health care practice and the law.
- Introduce you to Rosenblum Newfield, the firm I formed in 1992, and what it brings to the legal landscape in New York, Connecticut and beyond.
- Discuss some of the key issues in medical liability litigation today.
James Rosenblum, esq.
- J.D. Cornell University Law School, 1972
- B.A. (cum laude), Yale University, 1969
- Martindale-Hubbell® Rating: AV
- Certified in Civil Litigation by Nat'l Board of Trial Advocacy, NBTA.org
- Cases tried to verdict: over 90
- Author: many publications re health law, civil litigation and medical liability litigation
- Recent publication: Fetal Inflammatory Response Syndrome, AHLA Liability Newsletter, May, 2009
- Super Lawyers®:
• Connecticut: 2006 - 2009
• New England: 2007 - 2009
- Approved arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) - 2011
- Fellow, Royal Society of Medicine, by invitation
- Fellow, New York Acad. of Medicine, by invitation
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, by invitation
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, by invitation
- Former Chair, Medicine and Law Committee, American Bar Ass'n Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Former Chair, Greenwich Health Dept, Greenwich, Conn.
- Former Member, Medical Malpractice Committee, Bar Ass'n of the City of New York
- Former Member, American Bar Association Coordinating Group on Bioethics and the Law